The Witcher sword

hello,

Recently finished commission for The Witcher sword.

Hand forged blade from spring steel EN45, hand finished. Handle made from walnut and steel. Overall length 1560mm, blade length 810mm, blade width (at the widest point) 40mm, blade thickness between 5mm.    

Thank you

Jacek

_DSC0411a.jpg

_DSC0416a.jpg

_DSC0419a.jpg

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

I'm not familiar with the original, but that looks good and clean!

Its inspired by fantasy books by Sapkowski 'The Witcher'. :)

Sorry, I meant I knew of the books and TV series, I have just never seen them to get an idea of what the sword should look like. B)

It's still nice clean work!

• Like 1

That's a very nice clean looking job.  I wish that we had a source of EN45 equivalent here in the states but the only source of 9260 we had stopped carrying in a few years back.

Doug

• Like 1

Jacek, beautiful sword! Nice clean lines.

One question. Is there a reason you made the twists in the guard the same way and not counter to each other? Not a critique, just curious.

2 hours ago, Doug Lester said:

I wish that we had a source of EN45 equivalent here in the states but the only source of 9260 we had stopped carrying in a few years back.

Doug, check out 8670 for swords and big blades. Just saw a video on AKS website in their 8670 entry of a chef knife they beat through a metal pipe.

• Like 1

Thanks, Bill, I'll look into that.  Another think that I considered is some of the 1/4" 15N20 stock that Aldo carries after I use  up my last bar of 9260 when I get my forge set back up.

Doug

On 11/1/2020 at 8:22 PM, Alan Longmire said:

Sorry, I meant I knew of the books and TV series, I have just never seen them to get an idea of what the sword should look like. B)

It's still nice clean work!

I inspired by film and the computer game :) 

19 hours ago, Doug Lester said:

Thanks, Bill, I'll look into that.  Another think that I considered is some of the 1/4" 15N20 stock that Aldo carries after I use  up my last bar of 9260 when I get my forge set back up.

Doug

If it would be easy to send over the water :)

On 11/2/2020 at 12:38 AM, Bill Schmalhofer said:

Jacek, beautiful sword! Nice clean lines.

One question. Is there a reason you made the twists in the guard the same way and not counter to each other? Not a critique, just curious.

Doug, check out 8670 for swords and big blades. Just saw a video on AKS website in their 8670 entry of a chef knife they beat through a metal pipe.

Thank you. No there was no reason... :)