Newest EDC to leave the bench!

Well a long time back I had a buddy ask me for a knife, he didn’t care about dimensions or design he gave me total creative freedom with it. Being a very green bladesmith I went nice, simple and small. So I made this little guy out of a Willys Jeep leaf spring (save the blasphemy remarks for after) with a coffee petina and oak handle. The Jeep had been totally scrapped and I bough a couple sets of spring from the owner ($40 is a damn good deal). The kydex sheath I also did myself using a heat gun and gardening knee pad. Petina turned out less even than I had wanted but that’s what I get for not hand sanding enough. I enjoyed the project so much I gave it to him for free on the condition he come back and buy a knife another time haha. Let me know what you think!

56948AD0-1DD8-4BC1-A23A-37DACE0C9FEB.jpeg

1C3AB599-5B30-44DF-A87E-1D90A69A229B.jpeg

6ABE5763-04B4-4FCA-9C7E-73D1524C3A0C.jpeg

7D5951DA-7799-441E-B5B6-E67E2204E5F1.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice little knife. I would be a little concerned that the finger choil would make your index finger slide up onto the blade during use.

On 11/7/2020 at 4:10 AM, Charles dP said:

Nice little knife. I would be a little concerned that the finger choil would make your index finger slide up onto the blade during use.

In the future I would definitely take that into account, with this knife I wasn't too concerned about it since your pinky actually rests on the back end of the knife. I probably wont ever make one this small again, but dually noted. I may follow this post up with an improved version, maybe an integral guard.