Hi all: 

Today is a sad day, we put down our beloved dog, Mouse. Many of you will remember her from this post nearly 12 years ago, and from her frequent appearances on the Arctic Fire videos. She lived a very long life for a Mastiff. 

She was loyal, brave, loving, and gentle. We're gonna miss her. 

Just thought I'd share. Here are some pics of her over the last few years. The last one is of her sleeping last night. 

Dave

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_3906.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_3344.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

We fall in love with them.  We need them.  We never have them long enough.  

I hope that I am missed as much as I miss my "Ole Moe".

Edited by Wayne Coe

Sorry to hear that Sir. 

It's rough even when we know that the decision is the right one.  I went trough that with one of my cats a couple of months ago.  She had cancer.  Not that it would have made any difference, I felt guilty not getting her into the vet's earlier and decreased her suffering.  I feel for you.

Doug

Sorry to hear that, Dave.  I feel for you.  I'm nursing my last 15-16y/o husky (the middle one in my avatar pic) and he's declining/getting weaker every day it seems (today his back legs gave out twice in our walk down the block). 
Hopefully we have similar beliefs and you can take some comfort that her spirit/soul is now free.

I hope you and yours don't suffer much these days.

They dont take a lot of space on the couch (well Mouse would have) but thay take an very big space in our heart and is is very tough when we loose them. I feel for you in your loss.

Thanks guys. Wish you all could have met her. She was such a forge dog. She had a bed in my shop ever since she was a pup. No matter what bit of equipment was being used, she could sleep through it and not even flinch. 

Dave, I have a lot of reasons to like you.  Your generosity with this forum, your passion to distribute knowledge, the way you honor history, your general conduct.  You're even restoring an old boat. 

However, if all I knew about you is that you loved a Mastiff that you named Mouse, I would still think you are pretty cool.

• Like 1

Dog's Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands. --Beth Norman Harris

• Like 1

Peace brother. May you always know that Mouse lived a good and full life because of you and your family.