Do low temp salts go bad

I recently redid my shop (insulate, drywall, new cabinets) and cleaned out the “why do I have this?” piles. One of the things I found was a 20 lb box of High Temp Tool’s low temp salts from when I thought about building a salt tank setup. I have no use for them but don’t want to seek them if they are no longer good. They’ve been in a plastic bag inside a cardboard box. Are they still usuable?

I can't imagine them going bad, but possibly picking up moisture, thus the first time heating them should definitely be slow.  I would consider that to be a standard procedure from the day you received them anyway.  Never used them before though, so I could be wrong.  

• Like 1

I concur with Jerrod, mine sure seem to be hygroscopic. I am careful about keeping the lid on as soon as I am done with HT. I hadn't thought about starting with low temp as he suggests, I presume to prevent steam pops. Perhaps setting the control for 200F for a day uncovered would dry it out? I am getting ready to do another batch of 400 small blades this week, but my concern has always been the chemical change from the addition of the high temp salt that covers every blade (I use the same low temp for marquenching as Ido for tempering.) But haven't changed the low temp salts in 4 years, just add new on top as needed,  and it still seems accurate.