Teachers in Central Florida USA

Hello,

I have just starting getting into blade smithing and have really just been watching videos and researching, I am looking for a mentor that would be willing to teach me, and or a makers hub where I can put tools I buy and work in.  I have no idea if it would cost to learn or what but I am in central Florida and travel for work all over the country during the week, I really want to get into this trade because I am a professional welder and love working with metal, any advice, people, or schools in my area that would be willing to teach me or mentor me on the weekends? 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Jerrod Miller said:

Have you checked out FABA yet?

I second this idea. Find the local blacksmith chapter, join, and start going to the functions it offers. You will undoubtedly meet folks who know, and learn from the demos, hammer-ins, and other events. You say you love to work with metal, and being a blacksmith is not being a bladesmith, but many of the techniques transfer. You also may find you like blacksmith work more than making sharp, pointy sticks.

More advice:

1. Read all the pinned threads in the Beginner's Place sub-forum. Most of your how-to questions will be answered there.

2. Read this thread: https://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?/topic/34651-how-to-become-a-bladesmith/

3. Read this thread: https://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?/topic/40468-using-the-site-search-engine/ it will tell you how to use the site search engine to find topics that you want to read about. Most folks tell new makers to use GOOGLE search, and that works too. I have found the new search engine on this site works equally as well.