What have I been up to?

Hey guys,it's been a while since I been on. I miss being active,and looking at everyone's awesome work. I finally forged and ground my first knife and I feel like it relit the fire lol.

I am a leather worker now full time and when not doing Leather I been back practicing at the forge. Made a friend with a local ,19 year old kid who makes blades and he's been teaching me what he knows.Helps a ton

Wanted to show yall my first decent blade and some of my leather work

IMG_8287.jpg

IMG_20200903_190648_859.jpg

10 hours ago, Joshua States said:

Nice stuff. What's the plan for the knife handle?

My buddy gave me 2 blocks of wood. I'm not sure what type of wood it is. I'm thinking about using that. Cutting them in half and flatten them out .

I was able to get a grizzly2x72 and a vertical disc sander off Craigslist,$300/each

Score!

Don't forget to drill the pin holes before HT. IMNSHO, that knife would look great with some metal bolsters.

10 hours ago, Joshua States said:

Score!

Don't forget to drill the pin holes before HT. IMNSHO, that knife would look great with some metal bolsters.

They would look good! The reminds me I need to go get a cheap drill press, probably harbor freight for now.This is the first time having my own shop so I am slowly getting tools

On a side note.my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I sent her a link for a carbide file guide!

7 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Cool textures and colors, man.  Welcome back!

Thanks brother,I have done really well with leather over the last few years. Now I am focusing on blades So I can offer wallet/knife combos