KITH 2020 Completed Submissions

It's been kind of traditional the last few years to have a thread for all of the completed submissions.  Our adjusted and final deadline is Monday the 30th this year.  Please add your name to this list so that the lovely Dr. King (Alan's better half) can draw the names!  Pics are nice too ;)

1. Brian Dougherty

IMG_7818.JPG

• Like 2

It's been kind of traditional the last few years to have a thread for all of the completed submissions.  Our adjusted and final deadline is Monday the 30th this year.  Please add your name to this list so that the lovely Dr. King (Alan's better half) can draw the names!  Pics are nice too ;)

1. Brian Dougherty

2. Gary LT01531853-F09A-4A53-BA19-855167B7535D.jpegE6662273-0EA2-4E34-9654-4582B9F6E80A.jpeg

• Like 1

It's been kind of traditional the last few years to have a thread for all of the completed submissions.  Our adjusted and final deadline is Monday the 30th this year.  Please add your name to this list so that the lovely Dr. King (Alan's better half) can draw the names!  Pics are nice too ;)

1. Brian Dougherty

2. Gary LT

3. Aiden Carley-Clopton

IMG_9229.JPG      IMG_9231.JPG

IMG_9230.JPG

Had to do some last minute repairs to the lacquer and make a quick seppa, but it's all ready to go!

I didn't intend to imply that there are only 3 entry slots.  Add numbers as necessary :)

1. Brian Dougherty

2. Gary LT

3. Aiden Carley-Clopton

Edited by Brian Dougherty

1. Brian Dougherty

2. Gary LT

3. Aiden Carley-Clopton

4.  Faye Lankister
5. Robert Dowse. 

Had to deviate from my original plans significantly, But I love the color of this Cherry wood. So I was able to stick to part of the theme I had in mind. 

completed.jpg

14 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Somebody send a PM to all the entrants to make sure we have everyone tomorrow.

Did we not create a sigh-up list this year?  I just sent a PM to the only person who did a WIP that isn't on the complete list, but didn't find a list of people who intended to participate.  It looks like a relatively low turn-out this year.  Maybe we should draw names on Wednesday to give people a chance to see the post and put their names in.

Edited by Brian Dougherty

1. Brian Dougherty

2. Gary LT

3. Aiden Carley-Clopton

4.  Faye Lankister
5. Robert Dowse

6. Jonathan Bradshaw

I made a bird and trout knife for submission. This is my first time participating. Alan alluded to WIP threads and I didn’t realize I was supposed to create one of those. So if that disqualifies me that’s okay.  My work is not nearly as good as the other entrants, but I learned some good lessons in making this. 

795AC23C-2B5C-4DC8-9A07-9F091817E415.jpeg

WIP threads are not required at all!  We usually do a signup thread, and since we forgot this time the WIPs are all we had to go by.  I'm not in it this time around, so I failed to pay enough attention. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Brian Dougherty said:

Maybe we should draw names on Wednesday to give people a chance to see the post and put their names in.

Let me know in the next hour or so.  Did Joel ever finish?

12 minutes ago, Alan Longmire said:

Let me know in the next hour or so.  Did Joel ever finish?

Let's do the draw tomorrow night and announce on Wednesday.  Joel told me he is out, but I don't see how waiting another day will matter at this point.

I am truly bummed that I'm not taking part this year.  Since I'm finally back out in the shop after too long of a hiatus,  I thought long and hard about throwing something together to contribute.  I definitely wouldn't have had the time to do anything that fit,as Robert alluded to, the "spirit" of the KITH so I decided against it.  I am looking forward to next year though.