Heat treat repair

I found a couple of sites that say they have the manual for PDF download, but you have to register to get it.  Seems they're a burnout kiln for dental labs.  If all that one is missing is the knob and the gauge, someone handy with electronics (not me!!) should be able to rig something up.

As long as the eliments are in usable shape setting up a pid on that is pretty easy i have one set up to a toaster oven for drying wood hardest part was deciding were to put the thermocouple wich it looks like you will need a new one of as long as your in there i recomend auber instruments for a pid tried the cheeper ebay/amazon option and still cant get it to read temp correctly no issue with the 3-4 i have from auber

Thanks everyone, I plugged it in for about 20 minutes last night. It started heating up so it looks like I need a a PID, therocouple and SSR

The pdf I read says it will go up to 2000F

When you install the PID you bypass the temp control on the front correct?

Yes the pid will be your control you just need a on off switch and if you get one with a timer or other function a switch to activate/reset the function like i have a timer pid from auber on mine that i can set to run for temp and time so when im tempering i have it run at 375 for 160 minutes then it shuts off the eliments and lets it cool and when i get up in thr morning i flip the reset and when its done i have two tempering cycles done and didnt have to watch it i can then check the temper and adjust as needed for the final if i had a ramp pid i could program it to do two or more cycles as long as i new how long the kiln takes to cool to room temp