Scottish basket hilt broadsword blade question.

So I've only edged into sword making.  It's something I'd really like to try at least once.  I have large piece of 1084 and I'd like to try my hand.  So I've done my due dalliance scouring and haven't found much in the way of answers aside from examples. 

So.. my query!

What do you all think a good blade length would be for a basket hilted sword?  My brain says 31-32" but my brain is also responsible for uncounted bad decisions.  I'm going to be making a blade to I can use on an Hanwei basket I own.  I also owned the basket-broadsword from them but it is gone. 

I appreciate any feedback, nay saying, constructive criticism.. pretty much any feedback.

31-32" is fine. Most of the historical examples I've seen are fairly wide but very thin at the foible- 1/10" or so- and 3/16 or so at the root. Look at as many pics as you can for profiles. Fairly flat blade cross-sections are good usually with at least one fuller, usually less than 2/3 the length of the blade and the fullers are relatively narrow.

1600-1700 double edged version. I have a backsword with the single edge and would like to be able to swap the blades to the basket.

Gotcha.  Yeah, wide but thin blade.  Up to 1/4" at the ricasso, but quickly going to almost nothing.  Lenticular cross section from the end of the fuller to the tip.