Input on knife shape and handle finish

So I've decided to bypass the kiddie pool and jump straight into the deep end by participating in the 2021 KITH (a 1 cubic inch challenge). Two designs came to mind out of my collection of sketches.... a simple sheeps foot and my take on a Bastinelli design. The "foot" is pretty straight forward as far as forging and finish, where as the latter will definitely test my forging and woodworking limits. Do I play it fairly safe and try to perfect the out come of the "foot", or do I swing for the fence and push my envelope? Maybe a design other than a sheeps foot?

My other question is about handle finish. I've read and tried a few of the more common finishes which have worked well. The other day I came across Odies Oil. Anyone heard of it or tried it? It's supposedly waterproof and very durable so I'm thinking it might be worth a shot.

20210215_222219.jpg

Edited by Cory LA
I'm not too bright

One of the main points of the KITH is to develop your skills and push yourself, preferably try something you haven’t tried before. You could argue that the 1” challenge is just that but why not push a little more?

It appears to be the same old stuff; lot's of words, but still just either linseed oil, soy oil, or a blend of both. Red flag on one of their products is the use of the word “Finish” in their Tung Oil Finish. That tells you that while it has some Tung oil, is likely mostly linseed oil.