PRICE REDUCED!  I have 8 gun stocks and miscellaneous pieces for sale.  I think the majority of this is high quality aged walnut that would be perfect for handles.  Selling it all for $150.

John

Box Da.JPG

Box Db.JPG

Box Dc.JPG

Edited by John Bechtold
Lowering price

Might be worth more as replacement shotgun parts, especially if you know what guns they came from.  I'm looking for a stock for an L.C. Smith and wonder if the one next to the forend pieces is what I need.  Have any more pictures of it?

I have no idea what firearms the stocks go to.  They are part of a hoard of gunsmithing parts/tools that I am just trying to make disappear.  I was told by someone that even if you found the firearm the stock went to, making it fit is an entirely different matter.  I was hoping somebody here could use the wood. 

Replacement or aftermarket wood stocks are essentially never an exact fit, you have to go through at least minor work to get it to fit your precise gun (or you have to ship your gun off and pay someone else to do that work). I'm sitting on two antique shotguns I inherited that both have broken stocks, and I've not been keen on either path.

That said: these look very much "used" and have been pulled from guns where they had already been installed, so it may be difficult to impossible to get a proper fit ever again on a different gun.  Pushing them through a bandsaw and making knife blanks out of them might actually be the best use.

Having been in the gunsmithing and used gun parts business for many years, I disagree.  Yes, fitting and  or the use of epoxy bedding material may be required parts like these may be the only replacements available.  i may be interested in buying smithing parts and tools.  Where are you located?

Gazz, I am located on the Central Coast of California, but other than a bunch of gun barrels, most everything else will fit in flat rate boxes, including the walnut.  I have pictures of everything uploaded to a couple of dropbox folders I could share with you or anyone else who is interested.  Please send me a private message, and I will send you the links.  I will give you a great price on everything just to be rid of it all.  Included in the lot are a nice set of vintage hand tools used for fitting stocks to barrels. 

For what it is worth, this hoard comes from a very famous family of machinists/master gunsmiths who were in business in the LA area from the 20's through the 50's.  They are best known for the fine big game fishing reels they hand-made, which are much sought after and prized by collectors today.  I am talking about Arthur Kovalovsky and his two sons, Oscar and Lewis.  This is my website:  http://www.kovalovskyreels.com/

I met the youngest son's 93 year old widow while researching a book I am writing about the family.  Turns out her late husband was a hoarder, and the 3-car garage was so packed with stuff, you couldn't open the doors.  I am helping her make that hoard go away, and make a little income for her by selling what has value.

John