Along the "do you have" lines... do you have anything narrower? Your store is creeping up into 4-inch land, and I usually use stuff more on the 1.25 side of things. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Everyone,                          So I have some 14 tons of grade-a cold rolled and annealed 6150 spring steel that must go. I have more coming in but don't have space for it. Sections wer

I placed my order this morning, got confirmation of shipment less than 8 hrs later.  Whether or not 6150 is something that I'll keep working remains to be seen, but you can't beat that for customer se

Placed my order.   Can you post or email that document or any heat treating instructions that you have?   Are you planning on carrying any other steels (because at your prices, the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jesse Lange said:

Placed my order.

Can you post or email that document or any heat treating instructions that you have?

Are you planning on carrying any other steels (because at your prices, the steel is a steal)?

I see that and I thank you sir. So far the only documentation isn't really documentation at all. I have received advice on HT from Peters heat treat in meadville pa and feedback from a bladesmith who conducted extensive testing on 2.94" x 0.122" material. The basics (also listed on the website) soak around 1650° from 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness. Quench in Parks 50 on the cooler end of room temp.

I don't plan on it. The shop where it comes from uses only 6150 for their parts.

Thanks,

John

1 hour ago, Ted Stocksdale said:

Along the "do you have" lines... do you have anything narrower? Your store is creeping up into 4-inch land, and I usually use stuff more on the 1.25 side of things. 

Hey Ted,

I have just about every width it seems from 1.5 through 4.1. Just a quick list 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.9, 2.1, 2.2, 2.25 etc... There are three pages now of product. Each one is a different size. Now that we're getting into some nice weather I should be adding more soon.

Best,

John

P.S. Just finished  up my propane forge! Should be baking blades in no time!