This one has been on the books for a little while and it's rather poignant that I've got to do this Bowie just after the legend that was Bill Bagwell has unfortunately passed away. The original style that I call the San Antonio was based on the Bagwell Hell's Belle Bowie.

The blade for this knife is made from W-1 high carbon tool steel, it's 258mm - 10 1/8" long, it is 5.5mm thick on the spine and the blade flats have a brushed satin finish. The overall length of the knife is 390mm - 15 5/16" and the clip has been sharpened. There are three coined nickel silver spacers and the forward curving double branch hand guard is made from EN-45 medium carbon spring steel which has been blackened with Caswell steel-ox. The centre bolster is made from carbon steel with a filed groove and has had the same Caswell steel-ox applied. The handle is made from a lovely piece of natural Australian Gidgee which is held by one stainless pin.

The sheath is a double welted style dyed black with one Sam brown stud and a static line lanyard to retain the sheath to your belt should it come loose when the knife is drawn.

I hope you like her gents all comments and critique very welcome.

DSCF5742.JPGDSCF5743.JPGDSCF5745.JPGDSCF5744.JPGDSCF5746.JPG

Edited by Steve Nowacki
  • Like 9

Oh my ! drooling.jpg I like,.............. I like!! Superb workmanship!!

• Like 1

Steve, that's outstanding work  I understand the thong off the bottom of the sheath being an emergency retainer but is that stud meant to go into a frog attached to the belt.

Doug

• Like 1

Morning gents

Thank you very much for all of your comments. The Sam Brown stud could be used to hang the sheath from a frog Doug but not in this case. The sheath is designed to be thrust through your belt and the stud just stops it from being pushed to far. It's just an old fashioned way of carrying your rig I guess. A little like those old black and white studio pictures of Bill Hickock and other infamous gun slingers of that era.

Steve 

Just plain awesome work.  Your quite obviously extremely talented, havn’t seen one of yours I didn’t love. Definitely captured the lean and mean essence of a Bagwell Bowie.  Clint

• Like 1

Hi Clint

Thank you for taking the time to look and your comments buddy.