Our Arctic Fire youtube channel and Facebook page has been hacked or vandalized or whatever you call it. All the videos were deleted. 

I had a copy of the AF 2013 event on a local computer, so I was able to re-upload it to http://www.ArcticFire.org, and Michael Bergstrom, luckily, hosts the 2016 videos on his channel, but I have no access to our old 2012 videos.  As you know, some of these are pretty popular and have significant historic/sentimental value for some of us because Don Fogg was one of the presenters.

Does anyone have a copy of the 2012 DVD? If so, can we "borrow" it so we can download the videos from it and upload them to youtube again?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I think I have one on my desk at work.  Not helpful since I no longer have a computer with an optical drive there, but if the DVD is still there I'll grab it and get a copy burned to send you.  Unless anyone else volunteers, of course.  It may be Tuesday before I find out.

• Thanks 1

farging iceholes

Why would anyone do such a thing?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Joshua States said:

farging iceholes

Why would anyone do such a thing?

I presume it was just out of insane jealousy of my charisma, talent, and rugged masculinity.  Haters gonna hate. Right? 

(;

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Dave Stephens said:

I presume it was just out of insane jealousy of my charisma, talent, and rugged masculinity.  Haters gonna hate. Right? 

(;

Hey now, don't go putting that on those of us that are insanely jealous of your charisma, talent, and rugged masculinity! We leave AF alone! We- uhhhh.... They have STANDARDS.

Speaking for others, of course. :lol:

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

It may be Tuesday before I find out.

1 hour ago, Alan Longmire said:

DVDs retrieved, en route to Post Office shortly. 

Is it Tuesfay already?  I just woke up from back surgery.  Must have taken longer than they expected!:P:D

• Haha 2

I said it MAY be Tuesday. :lol: 

As it happens, it will be Tuesday before they get in the mail.  SNAFU at the post office closest to my office, which is par for the course. Line out the door, no clerks visible, and ALL the premade packaging gone.  Tomorrow I'll take it to the good post office.  Seriously, I don't understand how the one with three windows works like it's supposed to, and the newer one with four windows works like a three-legged donkey pulling a two-wheeled cart with one wheel missing.  In the mud.  While covered in epoxy.  I've seen the one clerk who ever bothers to work a window there just walk off into the back room and not come out until the customer gets fed up and leaves. <_<

• Haha 1

If the infallible post office somehow falls through and Alan's copy is lost to the ether, I also have one somewhere, possibly also already on an old hard drive. I'll take a look and see if I can find it

John 

• Like 2

Turns out that was easier than expected, I found 10 videos and a .pdf that I think is the dvd booklet. If there's an easier way of sending those over that's not the mail let me know!

edited to add it's just under 20gb total

Edited by John Page
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all: 

Michael is doing his magic and recompiling (or whatever you call it) the videos from the DVD's generously loaned by Alan.

So far we have Don's hand finishing techniques, Peter's sword construction, and my crushed W's pattern welding video. You can find them on his channel or the Arctic Fire website. 

Thanks Michael! 

Dave

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCONxF6KdMJN9ymPa2pT5S6A/videos

http://www.arcticfire.org/videos.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6