Drop point full tang.

Posted (edited)

This knife I finished almost a month ago. It is the first full tang I've done in quite a while. 

It has a 3 1/4" blade, 

4 1/4" handle,

7 1/2" overall.

The blade is 1080 steel, and the handle is resin and maple burl with a horse head mosaic pin and two blind pins.

I also made a case for this one in addition to a sheath. My sewing skills are a tad rusty, and it didn't help that the sewing machine was out of commission, but it will work well to  to transport it to blade show with me.

As always, critiques are welcomed and thanks for looking.

20210507_194942_HDR.jpg

20210507_195008_HDR.jpg

20210507_194916.jpg

20210507_195133_HDR.jpg

20210507_195146_HDR.jpg

Edited by Faye
  • Like 9

Faye, this is a really nice package. I wanted to ask you about the leather sheath stamp as it is unique. Is the stamp purchased? I’d like to get one.

Kind thanks, 

Gary LT

• Thanks 1

You've really come a long way since your first knives!  I'm with Alex, there's nothing critical to say about that one. Well done, especially that swept plunge!  Those are tough to finish out. B)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Gary LT said:

. I wanted to ask you about the leather sheath stamp as it is unique. Is the stamp purchased

I bought it from an etsy store, Leather Stamp Tools. They're made by a guy in Bulgaria, he has some awesome stamps. Shipping is expensive, but if you spread it over more than one stamp it's not as bad ;)

I appreciate it Faye. I’ll look the store up!

Gary LT

Really beautiful work all around!

• Thanks 1