Drill bit for drilling hard carbon steel billet?

I have good luck using hardware store cobalt bits, spun slowly in the drill press.  Use cutting fluid (not WD-40) and a firm even pressure.  Assuming you didn't try to anneal the billet in your forge, and you haven't hardened it, you should be fine.  Raindrop Damascus?

i THROUGH THE BILLET ONTO THE DRIVEWAY AT BLACKISH HEAT. ITS FAIRLY HARD WITH SOME SOFTER STOPS. MY BAND SAW WONT CUT IT?

You need to soften your steel.  Depending on what alloys you have, do a normalization followed by a sub-critical anneal (1250-1300F temper).  

20 hours ago, Jerrod Miller said:

You need to soften your steel.

Definitely listen to Jerrod. 

In thinner sections, these (and many other) steels will air harden.  

Jerrod pinpointed part of your problem and Jake hit the other.. Looking at your picture I see alot of scale on the bar. I don't  understand  the why's but mill scale is the toughest material I've  encountered. It will ruin a good drill bit in half a heart beat. After the bits edges are rolled all you are doing is workhardening the metal and overheating the drill bit. I use two methods to get rid of it. Soak the bar in vinegar overnight and grind off or a twisted wire wheel on an angle grinder. If its still too hard its back into the fire for another attempt at what Jarrod suggested.