Can someone please identify this machine. I was told it was built to hone and polish knife blades. I'm hoping this is true. If it is a polisher, do I need to apply compound to the wheel?

Thanks,

Ken Daniel

IMG_0534.jpg

It's a sharpener.  It uses whatever compound you want for the desired edge, usually tripoli on one and either white diamond or green chrome rouge on the other.  It will not shape or polish anything but the edge, it's not a buffer.  And you still have to get the blade somewhat sharp before using it.  

I replied to the last time you posted this as well, but this really looks like a the cardboard sharpening system. Like Alan said it is for quick sharpening/honing but you have to start with a fairly sharp edge. 

Just search "cardboard sharpening system" and you can find many for sale and the instructions on how to use them. 

It may be a sharpener, I will always defer to those more knowledgeable than me. It does look like something that will rip a knife out of your hands and stick it into either your foot or leg to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1