Posted (edited)

Hello All.

I am finally back making knives,. In April, I sold my first knife in 30 years. Hard to believe. The pandemic got me off the road and looming retirement made me kick it in gear. I have been making blades over the past few years but they were mostly to test my clay coatings. At this stage in my life I have narrowed my scope-a lot. Japanese inspired with single bevel, urashi and hamon.  The longer blades are trademarked as Texas BrisketSword™. Kind of a long story for another time.

All W2.

English Yew and Desert Ironwood handles

Texas Oak stand

LP!link.jpg

lp2link.jpg

lp3link.jpg

lp4insta.jpg

Edited by Dan O'Connor
  • Like 5

Those are some extremely impressive knives, fantastic design and execution! Retirement will be great! Clint

• Like 1

Good to see you back, Dan!  Love the knives, and I'd love to get the opportunity to see the brisket sword in action. B) and taste the results, of course! 

• Like 1

It is good to see you back, I was always impressed with your dedication towards Japanese techniques. Those kitchen knives look fantastic, just great hamons all around.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Good to see you back, Dan!  Love the knives, and I'd love to get the opportunity to see the brisket sword in action. B) and taste the results, of course! 

Thanks Alan. Here Ya go. Sons-in-law are the brisket makers. I just cut 'em and eat 'em. Need to work on a one draw slice cut like a sushi chef.  :P

Edited by Dan O'Connor