Hey folks. Not a beginner but I'm having trouble lately finding unique wood online. I prefer to cut my own and have a good stock drying at the moment, but I want a reliable source when I need em. Specifically I'm looking for Amboyna, Ringed Gidgee, but in general just something with character. Stabilized preferred. Anyone have someone they trust that has a good, reliable supply? Price doesn't matter much to me.  Thanks. 

Jason also stabilizes all his wood through Knife & Gun finishing supplies in Arizona: Knife and Gun Finishing Supplies

You might think about sending some of your stuff to them.

These guys have very reliable Desert Ironwood: Arizona Ironwood LLC Knife & Gun Handle Supplier

Also look around the metro area for wood worker's stores. I often stop in at the local ones and check out their turning blocks and cut off bins.

I get some great stuff in 8/4 thick boards.

• Like 1

Try NC Woods.  They don't have a large of a selection right now as they have had in the past but it might be worth a look see.

Doug

If you want interesting to look at that isn't nessisarily exotic woods then I use Rocksolid Scales here in IL https://rocksolidscales.com/ 

He tends more towards scales and less towards blocks so if you were looking for blocks then might not be what you are looking for. 

• Like 1