Hello,

Havent been posting for long time here, but hope all is well.

Below is recent customised project Im working on at the moment.

Damascus karambits

San Mai blade.

Core: carbon steel

Sides: 33 layers damascus

Thank you

Jacek

198516354_187399883386707_4696923741480590129_n.jpg

197558031_187399936720035_5365151842765664733_n.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice!!!
I've done a few karambits, but always with hand stops near the blade.  How do you find these guys handle without those?  I really like how they look, but having never used one like that I might be worried about slipping my pinky up the blade..? 
I really can't emphasize enough how much I love how slick they look though!

1 hour ago, Alan Longmire said:

Nice!  What's the little hook on top for?  

Thank you, To be honest Im unsure what the hook is for, just design from customer had this, so recreated it :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jaron Martindale said:

Very nice!!!
I've done a few karambits, but always with hand stops near the blade.  How do you find these guys handle without those?  I really like how they look, but having never used one like that I might be worried about slipping my pinky up the blade..? 
I really can't emphasize enough how much I love how slick they look though!

Thank you :)

These karambits I made based on the design sent by the customer and yes these dont have stops near the blade, but by holding it I can say they feel comfortable and there is still half finger distance from the blade. I will see what customer thinks about the design he sent and the product and will feedback :)

• Like 1

Karambits are usually sharpened on both edges! 

Check out this video from Doug Marcida. Now will grant you a lot of these made today have a false edge on the outside cure. But in the hands of someone like Doug, you are dead 15 ways before you blink!!  One of the deadliest weapons I have ever seen. Close up and personal!!

Edited by C Craft
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

What's the little hook on top for? 

My guess is a bottle opener.....:o

1 hour ago, C Craft said:

These do appear to have a double edge of sorts. The blade looks like it has an oval cross section to me.

All in all I think they are pretty cool looking. Not your typical work Jacek, but still in keeping with the quality of workmanship you produce. Very clean. I like them.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, C Craft said:

Check out this video from Doug Marcida. Now will grant you a lot of these made today have a false edge on the outside cure. But in the hands of someone like Doug, you are dead 15 ways before you blink!!  One of the deadliest weapons I have ever seen. Close up and personal!!

Thank you for this.

These karambits are sharpened on both edges. The picture posted is a working progress.

Thank you