Need blower for Buffalo Forge

I have a Buffalo forge (24" rectangular)  that I acquired a few years ago in a barter.  I was running it with a DC bilge blower, but that failed and it never provided the draft I need for larger work.  I've been looking at a Chinese blower that specs 125CFM @ 250 watts for around $90 but I'm not convinced that it would be adequate. Another option I've seen is a Centaur blower that specs 500CFM...looks great but it costs $700.

Before I waste any more time and money, I'd like to know what experienced people would recommend for an electric blower that would be appropriate for my forge.  Mostly, I want to use it for sculpture.

Ultimately, I may just go for a box forge with a blower on one end. I got great results with that at the Vt Studio School

Thanks

Phil

Those little Chinese ones are okay for the price.  They're not true centrifugal blowers, they just look like one.  The big Centaur is great, but it's designed to run up to six forges at once.  Look for a centrifugal blower about 8" to 10" diameter with a 3" output.  You want pressure, not volume.  

@Alan Longmire What about the ones that are ~$200 at blacksmith depot?  They seem a lot cheaper than the Centaur one, and claim to be good for solid fuel.  However, I've always wondered what the catch is.

Edited by Brian Dougherty

I have one, and it works for my 8x10 Centaur pot.  It's still a squirrel cage, not a centrifugal. Made in Korea!

• Thanks 1