Hi Guys,

I have not been forging for a bit as I have been concentrating on my Wildlife Photography but I needed an axe for camp fires so I forged this up yesterday and handled it today. Farriers Rasp and  saw bit.

Hope you guys are all safe.

Rob

1719B9D1-1E50-4960-A797-034D2828D7DE.jpeg

91BC09A4-C9D6-49EB-96A9-51FBFF411BF9.jpeg

ACEB601E-9460-4A9F-A0AD-00BB7E859E5C.jpeg

6F8DE5E6-A241-48A8-92AB-BDA9414AA8BF.jpeg

Edited by Rob Toneguzzo
  • Like 9

Very nice Rob!

When making an ax out of farriers rasp do you have to grind the teeth off of the inside where the handle will be?

Thanks guys, 

Hi Doug, I do grind the teeth off the inside.

Wow, that is stellar.  You haven't lost any ability while you've been off snapping pics.

I've always wondered where the name Ute came from.  (Not that I can explain where we got "pickup truck" from...)

4 hours ago, Brian Dougherty said:

I've always wondered where the name Ute came from. 

Ute is short for Utility.  Kind of like SUV = Sport Utility Vehicle.  Utility vehicles are a bit more broad than pick ups, and are generally anything with a bed.  

I love the shot of it just barely fitting in the forge.  What that a bit of a limiting factor, or did you want it that size anyway?  Love it.  

Thanks fellas, I have a couple of unfinished surface rusting projects I need to get back to.

Jerrod, I did make this one as big as I could fit in my forge. Ended up tipping it sideways to fit in.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 6:50 AM, Larry Okinaka said:

You planning on another, and if so, how much?  Looks like a fun axe for light splitting and chopping

Sorry Larry for not replying sooner. I rarely make anything to sell mate but I am putting up a tutorial for a quick and easy axe you should give a go. 

It handled this dry stump no worries :)

A50CEC66-C7E1-4864-87A3-D6858DFD10E4.jpeg

• Like 1