Matrikote 90 AC Question

Just a few things away from putting my ribbon burner forge together. The Matrikote arrived today. I was reading the package and it says to apply over ceramic blanket. DO NOT apply to bricks, castable refractory, metal or other surfaces. 

looking at other forges people have built forges and use this or itc-100 its ceramic blanket then a thin layer of castable refractory like Kast-o-lite or mizzou and then the itc or metrikote.

So whats the word can i put this stuff on top of my refractory or no? 

I don't know where the instruction not to put Metrikote over casting.  I have been using it that way for over 10 years, at the recommendation of my supplier.  They build large industrial kilns and furnaces and they use it this way.

Check out the Build a Gas Forge and the Ribbon Burner attachments on the Forge Supplies page at

www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com.

Let me know if I can help you.

About $100.00 plus the hose, regulator and burner using a 20# Propane tank.

51 minutes ago, Wayne Coe said:

I don't know where the instruction not to put Metrikote over casting.  I have been using it that way for over 10 years, at the recommendation of my supplier.  They build large industrial kilns and furnaces and they use it this way.

Check out the Build a Gas Forge and the Ribbon Burner attachments on the Forge Supplies page at

www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com.

Let me know if I can help you.

About $100.00 plus the hose, regulator and burner using a 20# Propane tank.

awesome thanks. Literally damn near every post or video i see where a person is builiny a forge and using metrikote they are putting it on top of the refractory. It made me second guess what i had been seeing and so i had to ask just to be sure. Thanks Wayne!