Not sure if this is of interest to the members.
I had a request to build 4 drop point hunters for an ex police officer to gift to the sons and father of his best mate. His mate was killed in a car accident on his way to begin a night shift with the Vic Police. His son’s and father are all keen hunters, the only brief was that I had to incorporate the officer’s bones into the handles and put timber on the other side. I used blue G10 to signify the Police Service and Bull Oak for the wood. It took ages to place all the pieces of bone (sieved from his ashes ) with super glue prior to pouring the resin to stop them from moving.
He was over the moon with the outcome with lots of tears as he presented their knives.
A rewarding challenge for me.

Blue G10 liners.JPG

Bones in resin.JPG

Bulloak Timber.JPG

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, Randy Katsoolis said:

A rewarding challenge for me.

And one executed with dignity and class -- well done!

Welcome aboard, and this isn't the first time I've heard of a request like that.  It is the first time I've seen it done that particular way, however.  Powerful stuff!

• Like 1

Neat idea.  I too have done similar things for people, but had not considered casting the cremains into the resin like that.  I've been holding off on doing something with my father's cremains until I had an I liked more.  This might be it :)

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Welcome aboard, and this isn't the first time I've heard of a request like that.  It is the first time I've seen it done that particular way, however.  Powerful stuff!

Cheers Al

15 hours ago, Brian Dougherty said:

Neat idea.  I too have done similar things for people, but had not considered casting the cremains into the resin like that.  I've been holding off on doing something with my father's cremains until I had an I liked more.  This might be it :)

If you do go ahead Brian be sure to sieve out all the grey ash as it will float in the resin.

• Thanks 1

That is a wonderful result to an odd request. Now the sons can take dad hunting, or hiking, or whatever with them. Great job with the handle material. I really like the way the blue shows through the clear resin.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Joshua States said:

That is a wonderful result to an odd request. Now the sons can take dad hunting, or hiking, or whatever with them. Great job with the handle material. I really like the way the blue shows through the clear resin.

Thanks Josh, that was the idea mate to take him with them into the bush. cheers

• Like 1