Hello, i would like to show you my last work. Blade is made from wrought iron, mild steel and my favourite K720 and the handle materials are bronze and subfosil oak. Ihope you like it and i will post its "brother" very soon :) .

1634665994629.jpg

1634665994635.jpg

1634665994638.jpg

• Like 9

Lovely!  I like all these little Birka-style saxes showing up these days.  It's just over 15 years since the first seax rennaissance (driven by this very forum, btw!), maybe a new one is arriving?

3 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Lovely!  I like all these little Birka-style saxes showing up these days.  It's just over 15 years since the first seax rennaissance (driven by this very forum, btw!), maybe a new one is arriving?

When did the first one end?

8 hours ago, Jirka Antes said:

Hello, i would like to show you my last work.

A fine looking knife sir!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think that the first wave started about 20 years ago and there's always been someone turning them out.  There's a lady at Fay's Forge, coincidentally named Fay, who posts on You Tube.  I don't think that I've seen her show a knife that she's made that wasn't a seax.  She's really good at carving handles too.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

As i promised last time, i am attaching a "brother" of the last presented knife. It is more inspired by northern knives and i have used a birch bark for the first time here. And i have to say it certainly was not for the last time, i think it´s very nice material and i love the scent of it. 

1635881683373.jpg

1635881683379.jpg

1635881683383.jpg

• Like 6