I am done with PayPal

This is the last straw. About 2 weeks ago, I wanted to purchase something online. The only payment method was through Paypal. It turns out it was a scam, some Pacific Rim company posing as Stihl America selling Chainsaws at a discount. I caught it pretty fast, and managed to stop the sale and get my $ refunded, but the clean up is taking a turn for the worse. It turns out the scammer got my full credit card number form PayPal and had stored it for future purchases. I only found out when I reviewed my CC info on the bank site.

I thought the whole purpose of using PayPal was to avoid giving your CC info out to third parties? WTF?

That sucks!  I'm glad you caught it in time, and hopefully you've changed that card.  Between this and JPH's issues with them, I'm convinced to continue accepting only money orders or personal checks.  If I ever set up as a business I'll do direct CC sales with Square or something, and charge more to cover the fees.  PayPal has jumped the shark.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:40 PM, Alan Longmire said:

That sucks!  I'm glad you caught it in time, and hopefully you've changed that card.  Between this and JPH's issues with them, I'm convinced to continue accepting only money orders or personal checks.  If I ever set up as a business I'll do direct CC sales with Square or something, and charge more to cover the fees.  PayPal has jumped the shark.

The fact that in 2021 somebody would prefer a cheque over Paypal proves your last statement......

Guess Elon Musk must buy it back and fix it :ph34r: