Web Store?

Gerald Boggs

Aside from using Ebay, Etsy, or Amazon, is anyone selling on-line using their own web store?  I've been selling on Etsy and Amazon, and doing well, but 15% is quite the bite.  So I've been thinking about starting my own store.

I have a small store that I started only a little while ago. But I haven't done any sort of marketing, so I have only had one sale to a friend-of-a-friend, so I can't really speak to how well it might work out.

I ended up going with Square.  They've got integrations to most storefront packages, decent rates, aren't picky, and you have the option of getting a reader if you want to do shows.

They do have the "no weapons" stuff, which is on pretty much everyone's TOC these days, I don't know what options there are if you want to sell things like swords and take credit cards. I'm selling garden tools, so I just wanted somebody who wouldn't freak out at the word "knife".

Edited by Ted Stocksdale

I've been with Homestead a long time and they offer a business platform.  They used to be top tier, but after Intuit bought them, they were left behind and become bottom tier.  Supposedly the company that now owns them has started to bring them into the 21st century, but I'll have to do some reading to see if that's true.  I've got friends that use Square for shows and have gotten good comments on it.