This is not the spring steel I was working on, that's still on the bench for those that read my last post.

This is made out of a bolt from work. It hardened up. It's a freebie for someone I work with. I still have a few more freebie knives that I promised out. After that I'm not taking anymore requests for knives. And no more mystery steel. And no more freebie knives. Too much  goes into them to give them away. 

Tried a brass liner from Lowes. Looks nice but it's way too thin. I'm learning something new on every knife and having fun. I just wish I had more time in the forge.

IMG_20220404_151505.jpg

IMG_20220404_151500.jpg

16491012836785001622605076038711.jpg

Looks great man, the tang has a really even thickness to it which I really appreciate, sometimes its so hard to do haha. Also love the oak, easy to find and I really enjoy working with it. What's your plan for a sheath?

33 minutes ago, Steve Elliott said:

Looks great man, the tang has a really even thickness to it which I really appreciate, sometimes its so hard to do haha. Also love the oak, easy to find and I really enjoy working with it. What's your plan for a sheath?

This is a freebie knife for someone at work.. I haven't bought leatherworking tools yet. So I'm just giving him this knife without a sheath as soon as I close on my house I'll start picking up leatherworking stuff.. 

I'm glad you liked it...