Jump to content

I need a tension piston

Zane R

Recommended Posts

I've searched online and looked at forums but for some reason I am not finding what I need.  I'm not even sure I'm using the right terminology because right now it just seems to escape me.  I am modifying an existing jet belt grinder/sander into a 2x48, 4 wheel grinder, and for the tension I want to use the piston or shock absorber type set up instead of a spring.  Can anyone tell me where I can get one of these?  Thank you in advance! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most use the gas stay or strut  from a hatch back. Most car parts outlets have them. Use it upside down so the grit does not impact on the seal.

  • Like 2

Von Gruff


The ability to do comes with doing.



add resized.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You want enough force that the belt twangs like a bass guitar string when you pluck the long bit of it.  I use a spring instead of a gas strut, but it's the same idea.  It shod be stiff enough that it's hard to compress without leaning on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...