Spanish dagger

Noah john

My 11 year old loves going to antique stores and auctions. Usually he buys coins and knives. Well today he came home with what appears to be a dagger. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this piece?

The blade is 15” with an over all length of 19”. There is a Toledo stamp on one side and made in Spain on the other. The made in Spain makes me believe it’s not very old 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And you're right!  That's a tourist piece/wallhanger from ca. 1960-1980-ish.  Most likely post-1976 after Franco was dead and tourism from the US started happening again.  I remember catalogs full of Toledo-made stuff like that from the late 1970s.  You can tell it's not later than about 1980 because that's when they started making them in Stainless.

Not worth much, if anything, but I would have LOVED that when I was your son's age. B). You're a good dad to let him get stuff like this.

I have to agree with Alan.  It looks like the edges and the point is dull.  Something like a dagger my former step-son brought back from Europe on a trip he and his mother took together.

Doug

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!