A day in the kitchen

Garry Keown

I have always done a bit in the kitchen and have made our own bread for many years among a few other daily needs. I started a big soup yesterday with the shins and necks from a couple of deer. Started this morning at 4.45am by doing a bread bake and setting it asside to rise in the tins, then striped the meat and removed bones etc from the soup starter  before adding the rest of the dry goods and fresh vegetables to make a decent pot.  When the soup was cooked and had been given a good few minutes with the stick blender it was set outside to cool for decanting later in the day and when the bread was within an hour of being ready to go in the oven I got a batch of rusk slice ready so that it could go in the oven and be finished in time for the bread to go straight in after it. Soup cooled later in the day so got it all into the (pint) containers  for the freezer so that we can have it for sabbath evening meal so my wife does not have to cook and can enjoy the rest. Later when the bread has properly cooled I will slice it all and put into 6 bags in the freezer to keep me going for a few more weeks. Wife has bought bread now to suit her dietry needs.

20220907_145140.jpg

Edited by Garry Keown
  • Like 5

Von Gruff

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

The ability to do comes with doing.

add resized.png

And yesterday being my 70th birthday the wife and I took the bike for a slow cruize over one of the hills with dozens and dozens of corners to another town for lunch and a nice cafe  and a visit to old friends.  Have bought a go pro and waiting for a chin mount for my helmet and I can thenfilm a few of our rides, for my own record, but may post some of the more scenic ones.

23 July 2022.jpg

Von Gruff

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

The ability to do comes with doing.

add resized.png

Firstly, hope you had a very happy birthday, many happy returns.

Secondly, if asked I would've guessed you're much younger, don't know many 70-year old that could keep up with you, proof of that good life :)

• Thanks 1