Warranty?

Bill Schmalhofer

As my looming retirement (hopefully - come on stock market) gets closer, over the weekend, I went searching for, and ended up being offered, a unique business opportunity to support my hobby. In talking with the owner of a “knife” store, I was offered the chance to sell anything I make (meeting certain quality parameters of course) on consignment. During the conversation, one of the questions asked was what warranty I had on my work. This was the one question that caught me off guard as it’s never been a question asked by the few buyers I’ve had and I've never had to think about it (probably should have, but...). To get an idea of what is a reasonable warranty, I tried searching through past posts and only came up with one that even came close to mentioning it:

Not really helpful.

So, my question to the collective is, what kind of warranties do you offer on your work? Thanks for any feedback.

When I was building my website this was my take on it.  It really doesn't say much other than if its defective I'll fix it but if you abused the living day-lights out of it I won't, lol. 

4 minutes ago, Jaron Martindale said:

When I was building my website this was my take on it.  It really doesn't say much other than if its defective I'll fix it but if you abused the living day-lights out of it I won't, lol. 

That's about the same as Snap-on tools.  Lifetime warranty for intended use, zero for abuse

38 minutes ago, Jaron Martindale said:

Of course I search and search and nothing pops up. Yet here is a whole tread on it...:wacko:. Thanks!

Edited by Bill Schmalhofer

One of the best warranties that I ever saw was the knife maker warrantied the knife, his or the owner's, whichever came first.

Doug:P

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!