Zowanda, Cashin, Furrer on Craftsman’s Legacy

On broadcast TV PBS has sub channels….. one of them is called the Create Channel….. I think you will find these on line under that handle…..

this morning Tim Zowanda was on the Craftsman’s Legacy …..it is a 1/2 show….. really fun to watch…..besides all the info and getting to see their shops …….. Kevin Cashin and Ric Furrer have also been on it ….. I have watched each episode many times as shows are cycled thru the create channel programing….

Tim makes a knife from dirt…..

Kevin makes a sword and some good in-depth  metallurgy…… 

Ric  smelts steel and then forges a  breast plate from it…

• Like 2

I googled “create tv”, came up with this : www.createtv.com

Once there it asks for your zip code and will direct you for local stations, and carriers. Then you can look up by topic.

I chose Arts and Crafts, there were several topics……but Tim Zowada did show it airs Nov. 4th (Atlanta).

(Copied and pasted below). Also you can get Passport, a way to stream on PBS. That’s all I know at the moment, traveling so I may have to wait until I get back home. (Interesting to explore)

GaryLT

November 4, 4:00 AM

The Blade Maker

Episode #110 · Knife-maker Tim Zowada uses sand collected from Lake Michigan.

"I Never Met A Knife I Didn't Like", (Will Rogers)

I’m sorry . I got my programs mixed up….. Tim & Kevin are on  A Craftsman’s Legacy…… Ric Furerr is not on the Craftsman ”s legacy ….. He was on a NOVA show….also PBS …..it is an hour long…..

There is an  also an  Armourer on the Craftsman’s legacy …..Which was a really good episode also….I apologize to not remembering his name….

I think these shows are on You tube also…..My monthly  allowance is too small to use you tube so I have not checked to see….

Kevin Cashin was also on the Nova show about the Euthburt sword with Ric Furerr.  If you watch closely you can see him duck off camera when Ric did the flaming blade trick after the quench.

Doug

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

Looks like Tim's episode was Season 1, Episode 10.  I created a free account at Craftsmanslegacy.com, then found out I needed a Vimeo account to watch the episode.  So after creating a free account there... I do not have permission to watch that video.  Not sure what is actually required to watch it.  

6 hours ago, Dick Sexstone said:

There is an  also an  Armourer on the Craftsman’s legacy …..Which was a really good episode also….I apologize to not remembering his name….

James Gillaspie.  Season 2, Episode 9.  

Kevin Cashen is Season 4, Episode 1.  

I found some of them on YouTube for free, on the Craftsman's Legacy channel.  

The Blacksmith:  Lorelei Sims

The Swordsmith: Kevin Cashen

The Armor Maker:  James Gillaspie

Sadly, Tim's episode isn't in their "full episode" playlist.  

If you have succumbed er I mean subscribed to Prime, the Nova Viking Sword episode with Ric can be purchased for a couple of bucks.  Amazon has to have wondered why I have streamed that so many times :)

-Brian

We only have antenna tv, and Create is on it. Craftsman's Legacy is a good show.

There's a Youtube channel wit a few full episodes on it:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ACraftsmansLegacy/videos

The Kevin Cashen episode is there, as well as one with Lorelei Sims.