who are you?

1 hour ago, Ted Stocksdale said:

born just outside of Chicago in Hinsdale

Wow, I was born @ the Hinsdale Sanatarium, and went to Hinsdale Central HS in the 80s...(lived in Clarendon Hills, though)

Edited by billyO
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I live in South Africa and I manage safety, health and environment for a company that makes die-forged aluminium parts for motor vehicles. Our forge is 2 stories tall and pumps out one part every 3 se

When I'm not beating on metal I baby-sit 25 attorneys. I'm the records and facilities manager for the firm. I have a 16 year old autistic son who is my pride and joy. I have happily passed down my fam

Was born in Washington, DC in 1976 and raised in the DC 'burbs where I stayed until about 6 months ago when I moved to PA. I've been a computer geek of some type or another since I was 4 and that's wh

Posted Images

Yep, same facility!  My family only stayed in the area for three years, though - Dad got a job at Johnson Wax in Racine so we moved - that's a bit long of a commute. 

9 minutes ago, Ted Stocksdale said:

Yep, same facility!  My family only stayed in the area for three years, though - Dad got a job at Johnson Wax in Racine so we moved - that's a bit long of a commute. 

I was born in Racine and my folks farmed in Franksville.  Moved up north in 73 when the ole man bought a farm in Thorp.

I'm joel.

48yrs old

Formerly-

SGT Joel Welsh 88M20

USARMY

Combat vet. One tour in bosnia, two tours iraq.

I've been playing around making knives for about a decade now, but only this last year- built a forge and start beating them out. Recently completed my first pattern welded blade by hand.

I've a background in alot of things... welding, fabrication, automotive mechanic, worked in paintbooths, woodworking, vinyl and graphic work... etc.

Born in Michigan, living in northwest ohio... but have been alot of places in this world.

Glad to meet yall.

Edited by Welsh joel
2 hours ago, Welsh joel said:

I'm joel.

Welcome, Joel.  

• 4 weeks later...

I live in South Africa and I manage safety, health and environment for a company that makes die-forged aluminium parts for motor vehicles. Our forge is 2 stories tall and pumps out one part every 3 seconds!

I have loved knives and all kinds of weaponry since I was a kid and always wanted to try knife making. I finally got around to it 2 or 3 years ago. I still have a lot to learn, but for now, I don't plan to try forging. I am mostly interested in making fixed blade knives and machetes.

• Like 2