Bangin' & Jammin'

the only problem i find with techno is that i can never forge to it.

i space out and instinctively start to try to keep up to the beat ..

and end up dead on the floor wondering what happened.

:)

be warned.

:lol:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of a sudden I heard Grantchester Meadows in my head and had a flashback.

i am an enormous metalhead and have almost all kinds of wierd underground metal on my ipod. but when i am forging i actually prefer things from my dads extensive blues/rock music collection, my absol

I have a preference to listen to Amon Amarth, Nightwish, as well as Eluveitie when I think of forging(will listen when i do forge too ) Eluveitie is a unique band, I know of a lot of folk metal but t

Posted Images

the only problem i find with techno is that i can never forge to it.

i space out and instinctively start to try to keep up to the beat ..

and end up dead on the floor wondering what happened.

smile.gif

be warned.

try jungle or drum and bass. if you get a progressive beat in there your dead for sureph34r.gif. i think i would need somthing more hard than techno, death techno :o ?

Edited by jason howard

try jungle or drum and bass. if you get a progressive beat in there your dead for sureph34r.gif. i think i would need somthing more hard than techno, death techno :o ?

The Berzerker?

usually i listen to deathcore and stuff. but techno is nice. check out attack attack. theyre a mix of hardcore and techno or something like that

• 1 month later...

Blade-thematic Viking/Black metal: Blood and Iron by Bathory If you like metal and haven't heard Twilight of the Gods, you're missing one of the most powerful albums of the early 1990s. It is the definition of epic.

Now I know Quothorn can't sing, but he has passion. I like to listen to this song before special heat treating sessions.

Edited by Brian S. Pierce
  • 4 weeks later...

i was listening to nordland by bathory, but the only songs i really liked were death and resurection of a northern son and flash of the silver hammer.

noman's land is alright, i really like their instrumentals. specifically Ale and At Odin's Feast

I personally don't like to listen to music when i am forging/ using tools. Personally, i think that the tools 'sing' to you and that is better music. Plus my tools make funny noises when they are about to go 'bang' or burn out, so I like to listen to that. :lol: plus i would (pun intended) tune out and lose my focus. But on those rare occassions i do it is judas priest, ozzy, anthrax, disturbed, iced earth, , iron maiden, AC/DC, biggie, tim mcgraw, slipknot, Beethoven, queen, nickleback, mozart or queensryche. and yes i do have a spot of ADHD. :lol:

Oh yeah, and don't forget the rolling stones or the grateful dead (yeah, Im a dead head and a maggot :lol:)

Edited by bigfoot
  • 4 weeks later...

the variety of music on here is interesting... i'm reading a lot of my own favorites, its like we all have common interests :o;)

for me i like to listen to drum and bass heavy music with rhythmic chanting when i forge, so bands like Heidevolk are preferred... but i'll include a list of what finds its way in, just cause

Death Metal- Unleashed, Vader, Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse, Dethklok (oh yeah!) Lamb of God

Black Metal- Dimmu Borgir, Dissection, Behemoth, Gorgoroth (only with Gaahl)

Thrash Metal- SLAYER, Metallica (older stuff) Pantera

Industrial- Rammstein, KMFDM

Folk Metal- Heidevolk (if you don't know them check them out!)

Celtic/Folk/World- The Wicked Tinkers (check them out!) The Irish Rovers, The Dubliners, The Young Dubliners, Tommy Makem, Loreena McKennitt, Hagalaz Runedance (check her out... :wacko: wait, oh never mind)

Punk- Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, The Unband

"Techno"- Daft Punk, The Crystal Method, Infected Mushroom

Other- Creedence Clearwater Revival, Steppenwolf

there are loads more....

• 2 weeks later...

Never noticed this thread before! When I'm in the shop I listen to the whirring of timeworn blower gears, the soft roar of a blown coal fire, the ring of steel on steel, and the rhythmic scraping of files and stones. :) There's also the occasional, annoying whine of one or another sort of electric motor, but I hate that.

Outside the shop I tend to stick with my Sirius radio -- Outlaw Country (channel 63) plus some of the hard rock/hair band/punk stations that play stuff from the late 70s to early 90s. (I can't stand new metal these days. It all sounds the same to me. I'm just too old now, I guess. I still love me some old Metallica though.) Outlaw Country covers a lot of ground. If you'd told me there was a country band called Hayseed Dixie (AC/DC, Hayseed Dixie -- get it?) that covers old hard rock standards in a style that's a mix of bluegrass and rock, I wouldn't have believed you if I hadn't heard it myself.

lately for me its been Old Crow Medicne Show, The Felice Brothers, or Dave Rawlings Machine or what ever is on the radio ^_^

lol this great !!! bubbles rules ty!!!! did you see the one where the guys kiddnapped alex before the rush show???

trailer park boys is awesome.. i've watched every season. bubbles is my favorite character

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

:Pdidn't read everyone's post here, but got through the first 40 posts lol.

my list is something like this (not in order)

Paramore

I Am Ghost

Hawthorn Heights

Casting Crowns

Matisyahu (need to find that disc)

Emery

The Almost

The Fray

Drop Dead Gorgeous

Natalie Grant

Diana Krall

Kelly Clarkson

Bullet for my Valentine

Third Day

Rarely Linkin Park

my music depends on my mood, but I've been favoring "I Am Ghost" a lot lately. exelent vocals and music.

seems to be against the norm here though lol. all thats on my ipod, but if i'm listening to radio it tends to be on the talk radio side of which i shall not mention.......... :P