Bangin' & Jammin'

i am an enormous metalhead and have almost all kinds of wierd underground metal on my ipod.

but when i am forging i actually prefer things from my dads extensive blues/rock music collection, my absolute favorites are zztop, and a less known band called the hoax, who you should really check out if you are into good bluesrock.

when i am designing or doing finishing work i mostly prefer atmospheric or suicidal black metal, and funeral doom because it reminds to go slow and not to rush things.

i find that the pace and energy of the music i am listening to reflects on the way i think and how i work.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of a sudden I heard Grantchester Meadows in my head and had a flashback.

i am an enormous metalhead and have almost all kinds of wierd underground metal on my ipod. but when i am forging i actually prefer things from my dads extensive blues/rock music collection, my absol

I have a preference to listen to Amon Amarth, Nightwish, as well as Eluveitie when I think of forging(will listen when i do forge too ) Eluveitie is a unique band, I know of a lot of folk metal but t

Posted Images

I have a preference to listen to Amon Amarth, Nightwish, as well as Eluveitie when I think of forging(will listen when i do forge too :D)

Eluveitie is a unique band, I know of a lot of folk metal but they rank first in my book.

two songs you must check out by them, heck, listen to everything they make, its amazing B)

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I have recently found on you tube one HELL of a guitar player that that has blues and rockabilly in his blood.

and will be ordering his CD's for shop inspiration tunes.

Look up Justin Johnson on you tube, I hope you will be impressed like I was.........B)

Edited by Clifford Brewer
On 6/18/2018 at 6:31 PM, Clifford Brewer said:

That 3 string shovel playin is pretty damn cool........................like every thing else I've heard so far........B)

Great suggestion!

If you are dig the blues guitar, then I would suggest Shakey Graves or ReignWolf.   Both are one man band blues guitarists that will use kick drums.  Shakey Graves has a bit of rockabilly in his, while ReignWolf has more rock and distortion.  

Try "Roll the Bones" by Shakey Graves.

Try "Are you Satisfied" by ReignWolf.  And if you want to see amazing talent, watch the live Jet City Session of "Electric Love" by him as well.  Watch the whole video.

Thanks Wes I checked  them out , pretty cool sound.

have you heard Johnson's Black heart of gold, Or New Orleans heavy swamp blues on a 6 string fret less.........

Right now there is  Seether cd in my boat/garage. If I had to pick my top 5 it would have to be them,godsmack,korn,3days grace, and sound garden.

I am bored at work.....I may try and edit in a Greta Van Fleet vid. Those boys are going places. The singer has been compared to Jimmy Page.

When you hear him you will know/hear why.

Greta Van Fleet - Safari Song [Live In The Sound Lounge] - YouTube.htm

Thought I got it but I guess not

Edited by Kreg

Some songs that come to mind when I listened to Wes's song by Reignwolf...

"Flow" by Shawn James

"Lost prayer" by Zakk Wylde 

And a few other obscure bands like Clutch. 

Shinedown does lots of this bluesy/rock stuff as B-tracks and other live performances. Check out "dirthouse" or their live performance of "a little help from my friends" with Will Hoge. There cover of "Sitting on the dock of the bay" is pretty great too. 

It's good for the soul to listen to stuff like that now and then. ^_^

Edited by Zeb Camper

I'm going to have to check out that cover by Dirthouse.  Otis Reddings "Dock of the bay" is on my playlist that I listen to every day.  Along with Kid Rock, Nirvana, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Mozart, and Beethoven.  Brings a smile on my face every time it comes on.

"Sittin in the morning sun..........."B)

3 hours ago, Alex Middleton said:

I'm going to have to check out that cover by Dirthouse.  Otis Reddings "Dock of the bay" is on my playlist that I listen to every day.  Along with Kid Rock, Nirvana, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Mozart, and Beethoven.  Brings a smile on my face every time it comes on.

"Sittin in the morning sun..........."B)

Oh sorry, it's a SONG called "dirthouse" by the BAND "Shinedown". 

Check out their cover of "simple man" if you dig that... The official video version. Brent Smith's powerful vocals can just bring you to tears if it strikes a cord right.

Y'all guys gots good taste in jams btw. I'll be looking up more songs from this thread in the AM!

Edited by Zeb Camper

I think most of those jams would be found on FM radio not AM Zeb.:P Sorry i couldnt help myself. 

Edited by Jeremy Blohm
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Jeremy Blohm said:

I think most of those jams would be found on FM radio not AM Zeb.:P Sorry i couldnt help myself. 

Not here!

We just now got a rock station that would play something besides rush, journey, styx, or the same few songs by G&R, and metallica! It's rediculouse! 

• Sad 1

WHEN i listen to the radio (not very often) i listen classic rock, hard rock and outlaw country music. But that last 8-10 years i have found myself listening to some Rush Limbaugh, Shawn Hannity, and a little bit of Glen Beck. I know some people just hate these guys but i get a kick out of them.

We have exactly one radio station in theses parts. Sometimes if the weather is right you might catch the PBS station so I depend on the music of my youth and even older stuff that my Dad collected. Between my mom's and dad's music when I went to school I was confused. I didn't know whether Glenn Miller or Bob Wills was President. So, like Dad, I listen to music that was important in my youth. Bob Wills, Jimmie Rodgers (the singing brakeman), and then move to my era, Eric Clapton from the, Yardbirds to solo, B.B. King, Deep Purple, Asleep at the Wheel, Zepplin, the Dead, Creedence Clearwater Revival, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Steve Miller, Thin Lizzie, Charlie Daniels, Elvin Bishop, Marshal Tucker Band, the Allman Bros, Canned Heat. Older Santana, Jimmy Buffet. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Clifford Brewer said:

Thanks Wes I checked  them out , pretty cool sound.

have you heard Johnson's Black heart of gold, Or New Orleans heavy swamp blues on a 6 string fret less.........

That last one, New Orleans Heavy Swamp Blues on the fretless is great.  Bottleneck slide is one of my favorite things in the world, so that song fits nicely in there (without having to use a slide!)

Ghadzooks I forgot Alan Parsons Project (Tales of mystery and Imagination), Jethro Tull (Minstrel in the Gallery, Crest of a Knave) if you have Scottish genes you must listen to "Mountain Men" from Tull's Crest of a Knave.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:52 PM, Vern Wimmer said:

Ghadzooks I forgot Alan Parsons Project (Tales of mystery and Imagination), Jethro Tull (Minstrel in the Gallery, Crest of a Knave) if you have Scottish genes you must listen to "Mountain Men" from Tull's Crest of a Knave.

Crest of a Knave is probably one of my top 3 favorite Tull albums. Budapest is an incredible piece of music. Mountain men is one of those songs that transports you back through time (much like the Songs From the Wood or Heavy Horses albums do)

"Crest" has touched on many facets of my life over the years. From "She said she was a dancer" and "Mountain Men" when the album first came out to "Steel Monkey" later on and then "Farm on the Freeway" almost exactly explains why and how I moved from my former zip code to this one.

"Songs From the Wood" was the first Tull album I ever listened to and still a soft spot but for some reason "Heavy Horses" never clicked for me. 

Yesterday I was listening to Eddie Glenn "Hick Hop"; Bad Company live; Yellow Hammer powwow songs; and (too early i can't remember the others, more coffee needed)

I'm an old-school metal-head myself. I'm 44, so I've been exposed to many different genres of metal. My favorites are Norwegian black metal, "viking metal", and Swedish death metal. But, more often than not, when I'm in my shop, I usually find myself listening to none other than Ronnie James Dio.

Edited by Jason McEntee
  • Like 1

Amon Amarth.     h*ll yeah.    Gormathon...  Rock On!....    Angel Vivaldi   .....   woah....  gives the Malmsteen a run for his money .   Way too many others.   Mastadon, Dethklok, Eluvietie, Korpiklaani,  Alestorm, Ensefirum, Jinjer, Apocyliptica...  Black Tiger Sex Machine.  Okilly Dokilly = lol

Edited by Bruno