Adlai Stein

Bangin' & Jammin'

You and I have similar tastes in music, Bruno. 

Amon Amarth, Dethklok, Korpiklaani, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Pantera, Metallica, and so many others. Anything fast and heavy really gets the blood pumping for good forging. 

I find myself listening to calmer music while doing finish work, however. Old country music, blues, folk music, instrumentals (violin, piano, etc.) Things of that nature.

I love Amon Amarth. "Twilight of the Thunder God" is one of my favorite metal albums for certain.

That is a nice video, it hit a chord in me....... Thanks for the share

I just stumbled across a band called The HU. Only two songs on YouTube so far, Yuve Yuve Yu and Wolf Totem. Should be good to pound metal to.

Edited by Charles du Preez

18 hours ago, Charles du Preez said:

I just stumbled across a band called The HU

The Hu are cool...  Check these guys out

also

always a fan of :

Edited by Bruno

You have GOT to jam this! 

Its so happy and yet so down at the same time. The lyrics and the music actually work! It's like he's in a good mood but not at all happy about it lol! 

Every time I look at this thread I lose an hour or two.................Not that I'm complainin..............;)

On 2/17/2019 at 3:29 AM, Charles du Preez said:

I just stumbled across a band called The HU. Only two songs on YouTube so far, Yuve Yuve Yu and Wolf Totem. Should be good to pound metal to.

Those guys are unbelievably cool.

I went to see Nick Mason's Saucerfull of Secrets show last Friday.   If you like early Pink Floyd,  it is well worth the price of admission.  I think they are touring for another month, so go if you get the chance and are so inclined.

"Set the controls for the heart of the sun" will never sound the same to me again.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Brian Dougherty said:

Nick Mason's Saucerfull of Secrets

Lucky :ph34r:  I've always liked Cymbaline and Julia Dream...   I had some rare recordings from the 70's somewhere...

Edited by Bruno
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2019 at 11:05 PM, Bruno said:

Lucky :ph34r:  I've always liked Cymbaline and Julia Dream...   I had some rare recordings from the 70's somewhere...

On 4/8/2019 at 12:16 PM, Brian Dougherty said:

Nick Mason's Saucerfull of Secrets

All of a sudden I heard Grantchester Meadows in my head and had a flashback.

Edited by Joshua States
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I've been listening to more and more metal lately. I had a long spell of no music while working. Had a real bad Metallica phase for a couple months after that... Justice, disposable, and load for the most part. 

Now I'm back into Megadeth pretty bad. I didnt much care for the "Dystopia" album when it first came out, but it's really growing on me. Thinking about buying "Warheads on Foreheads" to jam in the shop and truck. Anyone bought this?

I'm not big into the screamy/suicidal/viking metal genre, or the run of the mill 3 days grace/stained/seether/etc. themed new age rock.  

Is there any more Sabbathy/megadethy/bluesy/thrash metal out there I'm not thinking of? 

Edit: a sampler of dystopia if you haven't jammed it. 

Edited by Zeb Camper

This is off the topic of Metal music,   I’ve never really understood the appeal..:)

I like to think I have a good taste in music, It varies greatly. At the top of my playlist I’ve got some fake country (Toby Keith, Florida). That kind of stuff, than I’ve got some of what I call “real country”.  (Willie Nelson, Johnny cash) and all that, I’ve got some 60s   (Redbone and traffic).    I’ve got some Chris Stapleton as well, then I’ve got some very modern stuff.  I’ve never liked Fake electronic music and technology altered voices.   

(From time to time I enjoy a little Metallica. 

Ive always enjoyed old music, I think it has more life and soul to it than modern stuff.   It’s kind of like modern vs clsssic cars,   Classics like the 69 corvette, have big fenders and big sweeping lines, and there much more raw and untuned,   Back then they did everything they could to stand out from other companies, but now almost all SUVs and sedans look pretty much the same (just like modern music). For me at least.

so yeah, there’s my weekly rant :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Conner Michaux said:

I’ve never liked Fake electronic music and technology altered voices.  

(From time to time I enjoy a little Metallica. 

Ahhhhhh, on the contrary, metal music isnt as altered as you'd think. These guy's voices really sound like that. And Megadeth actually records all instruments and vocals in unison. It might take several attempts, but what you hear is what was done in the studio. Dave Mustaine shreads like a mad man all while singing up a lung. 

I like old country and blues myself. The evolution of country and people like Hendrix (late 60s) essentially planted the seed in a way for metal. It was picked up and taken by blues bands like blue cheer and an early version of black sabbath by a different name (and then the sabbath we know and love). 

As you get older, you'll likely acquire different tastes. There is a lot to be appreciated in this genre. It's easy not to like though when the radio only plays just a handful of songs from bands like black sabbath, lead zeppelin, guns& Roses, Metallica,  and such. They play out easy. With Metallica, I dont even listen to the black album (the one I'm sure you listen to) much because of the radio. 

But I think metal is in a way, very very soulful music. Listen to "a farewell ballad" by zakk wylde and tell me he's not playing from his heart.  

Do me a favor and give that song I posted a listen. Dont worry, there is no profanity, in fact no singing in that one at all. Or just branch out now and then, discover new things, find out what's you. 

I did listen to that one, I do like it, when I was talking about the electric and altered voices I was talking about the modern crap like all the pop type of stuff, that’s all just electronic. :)     

All I've got in the shop is a MP3 player meant for camping.....playing the same circle of tunes from an SD card....

I don't currently have a laptop, so no SD card reader.....so I'm stuck.

Been planning for a while to drill a hole through the wall between my flat and the shop and just run an audio cable from the PC to a set of speakers in the shop.......maybe this weekend...

NOTHING gets me sanding like this song :lol:

Rage against the Machine-pocket full of shells