• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DGentile

US/Montana - Ed Caffery

4 posts in this topic

Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith

Classes offered:

-3-day Basic Bladesmithing class

--day Advanced Bladesmithing (Damascus) class

-3-day Mosaic Damscus class

-Day by day courses on the students chosen areas of Bladesmithing/knifemaking

All classes are conducted one-on-one.

For Complete information and pricing: See my website... www.caffreyknives.net/classes.html

Contact information:

Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith

2608 Central Ave. West

Great Falls, MT. 59404

406-727-9102

Email: ed@caffreyknives.net

I just did two days with Ed a couple of weeks ago. He is a fine teacher and I think the time and money was well spent. I was looking for a few tips and techniques to get me through the JS this year, I missed it last year. We worked on the specific things I needed and Ed found ways to correct a couple of issues for me. As I said, time and money well spent.

Geoff

Hi Geoff!

Thanks for the kinds words! My main concern with the classes is ensuring the the individual gets what they need/expect. I'm looking forward to seeing you get that JS stamp this year!

I had a chance recently to spend a bit of time with Ed, and his class was well worth the time and effort it took for me to make it happen. Ed bent over backwards to meet my hopes, and has tons more patience than many would. He has a great 'classroom', but made adjustments for tooling that I was more likely to use. From a beginner's point of view, highly recommended.

Take care, Craig