Sign in to follow this  
DGentile

IMPORTANT: SPAM / VIRUS ...

Sorry for this...

I just received a rather "dubious" email containing some "forum statistic Bullshit" and one of the links will prompt you to DONWLOAD An .EXE file ...

NOW WHATEVER... this is a virus infected piece of juni... DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR OPEN THAT MAIL.

JUST AS A WARNING...

I will see if I can track down that bugger and report him to whomever is responsible for this...

Sorry again for any inconvenience this may causes you (fake emails)

Besides this... the same guy who hacked the forum to send the mentioned bulk mail messed with the member settings and thus every one who logged in was prompted to download something... Internet Explorer Users were "targeted"... it is a "Exploit" and attacks some security holes in IE... (for more info : http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.c...=CAN-2005-1790)

it ties then to download a file named "xpladv553.wmf" from a dubious server (traffdollar...)... the file is supposed to be a virus....

so update your Antivirus scanenrs, and do some checkup...

And once again, happy firefox users, mac users (mac rocks), linux users... no need to worry, you are all safe... even if you downloaded either that file or the one linked in the bulk mail ;)

Daniel

Sign in to follow this