Sign in to follow this  
SharpByCoop

S-guard bowie - Don Hanson

I had the pleasure of shooting this knife for Don, sent to me before it has arrived to his client.

The talent in this knife is only exceeded by the friendship I maintain with Don. He's a fave of mine.

orig.jpg

The good makers only make it LOOK easy.... I know you will like it also. How could you not! :D

Coop

PS--glad to see this place back and running....

COOP-- Not only is DON a tremendous maker. You are tops in the photos of knifes. You two make quite a team.

DON- a great piece of work. The wrought iron guard, handle are great. The whole thing came together very nicely.

Congrats to both of y'all.

Chuck Bennett

Wow, that is awesome! :)

LOVE that pattern! :notworthy:

Great proportions, too.

Thanks Coop for the wonderful photo, you're the best. This one is a bit different than my norm. Blade is 9-1/2'', 580 layers of W2 / 15N20, gaurd is wrought iron from Karl Anderson (great wrough Karl!) spacers are iron and copper and the handle is fossil walrus, 15'' OAL. The new owner of this piece pushed me into a bit of a different direction and I like it. Thanks for all your comments guys. It's great to have this forum back up and running.

Don H.

Nice one Don and good photo Coop. Looks like there is some spirit pattern going on in the blade. I'll bet she shimmers when you tip it in the light.

fantastic...

I love the guard... well actually I love the whole knife ;)

Thanks Coop for the wonderful photo, you're the best. This one is a bit different than my norm. Blade is 9-1/2'', 580 layers of W2 / 15N20, gaurd is wrought iron from Karl Anderson (great wrough Karl!) spacers are iron and copper and the handle is fossil walrus, 15'' OAL. The new owner of this piece pushed me into a bit of a different direction and I like it. Thanks for all your comments guys. It's great to have this forum back up and running.

Don H.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

You did my wrought justice for sure!

I'm glad to see somebody REALLY put that stuff to use.

The photography is phenominal.

The knife world is richer because of you both.

looks very great !

the knife :)

and the picture ! :)

congrats for you both !!!

:)

A beautiful picture of a great knife. The guard and handle continue the flow from the blade and the color in the inlay (or spacer?) and handle are perfect. Coop's photography and choice of background make it look superb. I'm printing a copy for the shop.

Thanks to all of you guys for your flattering comments. Don's knife is the star here. I just made it look as good as it is.

Anytime you wish for a hi-res copy to print just email me. I will email it back to you.

Coop

Edited by SharpByCoop