Spring Fling KITH

I hope everyone had fun with this KITH. Here are the results! The person's name that appears after yours is who you will send your knife to.

1. Jens Butler

2. Joe Mandt (jmd61)

3. Gary Blessing (Ice Tigre)

Withdrawn

5. Stephan Fowler (stephanfowler)

6. Adam Ridlon (AdamRidlon)

7. Jared Thibault (T-BO)

8. Martin Austwick (MartinA)

9. Michael Strohscher (stroh)

10. Chris Delancy (cdelancy)

11. Dwane Oliver (BigD)

12. Adlai Stein (Macabee)

13. Darrel Aune

14. Robert Mayo

15. Bob Ouellette

16. Mark Hendricks (anarcher)

17. Tom Demitras (propeine)

18. Bruce Baker (MBKCo)

Please wait a week while everyone contacts the person that wil recieve their knife before any blades are sent. Please contact the person who will be recieving your knife as soon as possible.

Edited by Bob Ouellette

I hope everyone had fun with this KITH. Here are the results! The person's name that appears after yours is who you will send your knife to.

1. Jens Butler

2. Joe Mandt (jmd61)

3. Gary Blessing (Ice Tigre)

Withdrawn

5. Stephan Fowler (stephanfowler)

6. Adam Ridlon (AdamRidlon)

7. Jared Thibault (T-BO)

8. Martin Austwick (MartinA)

9. Michael Strohscher (stroh)

10. Chris Delancy (cdelancy)

11. Dwane Oliver (BigD)

12. Adlai Stein (Macabee)

13. Darrel Aune

14. Robert Mayo

15. Bob Ouellette

16. Mark Hendricks (anarcher)

17. Tom Demitras (propeine)

18. Bruce Baker (MBKCo)

Please wait a week while everyone contacts the person that wil recieve their knife before any blades are sent. Please contact the person who will be recieving your knife as soon as possible.

Ok...so does that mean I send mine to Jens Butler? (I'm at the bottom...)

Bob, Just an idea ... but maby we should have everyone who is "in" Check in before anyone sends a blade out, just to be sure everything is cool. :ph34r:

Jens

Bob, Just an idea ... but maby we should have everyone who is "in" Check in before anyone sends a blade out, just to be sure everything is cool. :ph34r:

Jens

I agree with Jens that we should make sure that anyone that is sending a knife will in turn recieve one.

Bob

Thats why I asked everyone to wait a week before sending their knife out. People have PMed me with problems and I'm doing my best to fix them and to help everyone find everyone else.

If anyone has not yet made contact with the either the person to whom you knife will go and the person that will send you their knife, please contact me as soon as possible.

Rob I mailed yours out tuesday.

Darrel

Rob I mailed yours out tuesday.

Darrel

Darrel i got the knife you sent today. Great work it is well ballanced and very well made, i love it! I remember a thread where you said what the inscription says could you let me know again i can't find it. Also could you show me the symbols for Robert or Bob.

Thankyou Bob

I mailed mine monday, hope Stephan likes it!

Hey Jens; is it on the way? I can't wait!

G.

Gary

It is on the way With Goddies B) I had a minor refinishing delay postponed by honey-dews and spring chores :(

Jens

Edited by Jens Butler

Hey Macabee, yup I got it, Thanks!!

Rob the words on the blade are........ life & gift....

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/vikings/runes.html

And heres a link to the site.

Thanks Jens! You didn't have to do that! all that wood! and steel! WOW!!!

I think I might make a little something to send back.... :D

Love the finish on that blade....... bet that was a lot of work. Its got me re-evaluating my blade polish, and re-doing a couple blades.

Gary

Hey Chris,

I got your blade today from Dwane. He was unable to finish the piece he started so he kindly sent me the one he recieved.

Great work, Chris. I really like it. Please tell about the materials and methods you used. If you don't mind I would like to put it up on my website with the one I got from Adam in the last KITH I took part in.

Thanks

I never managed to hit my deadline either. Fortunately, Jared T has been extremely patient with me. I decided to go with an integral, and ended up turning it into a neo-tribal mess kit. The three essentials will be covered: Something to cut meat with, something to eat meat with, and something to open beer with.

Since I am determined to try as many new things as possible in these KITHs I went all out. First full tang, first time working with rawhide, first bottle opener.

Then I got the crazy idea to try and tackle all of this without the use of files or sand paper. So the blade was forged to shape and finished with stones and powdered rock, and the scales and chopsticks are carved.

The knife itself is done... just working on the final package now.

Steel: 9260 (scavenged from train wreck)

Blade: 5"

OAL: 9.25"

Handle: Brazillian Redwood w/ deer rawhide

Chopsticks: Brazillian Redwood

kith-prog-sm.jpg

I'll post pics of the final package when I manage to get finished. Thanks again Jared!

Adam

Edited by AdamRidlon
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm running behind, but getting there! Here is the latest pic of my Spring Fling KITH...I call it the 10 Pin Oak, As you can see it has 10 N/S 1/8" pins, 5160 hand forged interagal guard, clay tempered (though you can't see the hamon...oh well) Oak hilt and Oak Sheath(leaf shape) (Hilt and Sheath are of same peice of oak and the grain flows down the knife) Belt holder is of 8 oz Oiled leather, molded to shape using Acetone. Anyhow, I just need to clean up the blade and mark it and it'll be done...i'll post a final pic when done!

Bruce

MBK Co.

SpringKITH_004.jpgSpringKITH_005.jpg