ABANA Conference

Bob Ouellette

I'm off to the great Pacific North Wet tomorrow at 6:22 am for this bi-annual confernce. I can't wait (to sleep so I can wake up at the butt-crack of dawn) Anyhow, I'm taking my camera and will have access to internet so I can keep up with what's going on :D

Is anyone else going by the way? I'd like to meet some people on here... always good to put a [real] face and voice to the text B)

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

I'm off to the great Pacific North Wet tomorrow at 6:22 am for this bi-annual confernce. I can't wait (to sleep so I can wake up at the butt-crack of dawn) Anyhow, I'm taking my camera and will have access to internet so I can keep up with what's going on :D

Is anyone else going by the way? I'd like to meet some people on here... always good to put a [real] face and voice to the text B)

Bob:

I will be observing the Japanese sword making demos most of the time.

Just look for an old guy with brown shoes and a green backpack.

Jan

Sounds good Jan, I'm bringing my poker-table fighter-bowie. I can't find my stones so it isn't sharp (I think they've been moved to South Carolina with out me :o ) I also hope there aren't more than just one old guy with brown shoes and a green backpack. ^_^

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

Well, I met Jan today after Yoshihara's demonstration of coating the blade with clay. He showed me the results of a few smelts he's done. I also got to see a couple of pieces of REAL tahamagane. It was some very cool stuff. Then at 9:30 after it got dark, Yoshihara hardened the blade he had coated earlier in the day. I was surprised at how fast the blade was heated up. I wish I had gotten pictures of the forge set up. It was pretty simply made from firebricks with a layer of charcoal fines on the bottom. I'll say this though, the hardest part of this whole experience is the fact that it's been 2 days and I still have to take a nap after lunch because I'm waking up 3 hours ahead of what I should be :wacko: Anyway, having a good time out here on the west coast now that the weather has warmed up a bit B)

Bob O

My Website

Daryl, unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures. Plus, I wasn't allowed in the Beer Garden... something about being 21 :P Once I get to my camera I'll post what pictures I have.

Bob O

My Website