drawfile/Filing

I recently watched Hall of Famer Don Fogg (congrats Don BTW) Forge then file a knife in to existance. It was a thing of beauty. I have some 1/8" X 1.25" 0-1 flat bar stock I was going to try try filing myself. After I cut it into a knife blank do I need to create a quick secondary bevel (.020 thick) then drawfile/ file to that edge?

Thanks

All you really need to do is mark what will be that .020" edge with a pair of scribed lines to mark the edge, then file the main bevels to those lines. Welcome aboard, by the way! We'll soon corrupt you to the use of forging, never fear... B)

All you really need to do is mark what will be that .020" edge with a pair of scribed lines to mark the edge, then file the main bevels to those lines. Welcome aboard, by the way! We'll soon corrupt you to the use of forging, never fear... B)

I am assembling a Don Fogg inspired vertical forge now. I hope to be smashing hot iron in the near future!

But I do have this available to me now so stock removial be better than nothing!! I have 4 blanks I cut out of the 36" piece of O-1. I hope to christen my forge HT these babies