Sign in to follow this  
jdsmith02115

small persian dirk

here's another recently finished, mammoth, damascus,etc.

Smith_04_ww.jpg

Wow, amazing work Sir.

I love the filework.

JD, Nice work on these last two you have posted. I don't recall seeing anything on the small side from you. Will you be doing Blade West?

Super knife J.D. That looks like a knife Coop would like to own :)

I really like the file work.

Nice, JD.

Dang !!!! Now that is just sweet !

Jens

I knew one of you would catch it, and it was you Mr. Hanson. That was indeed another tip of the hat, this time to that great stylist, Hill Pearce, who as we know, is a favorite of Mr. Coop. No Blade Show West for me this go round. Maybe I'll try for it next year, things are just a little too hectic right now and air travel is getting to be more and more of a drag, pretty soon we'll be boarding in just our skivvies(AFTER a full cavity search!!).

No Blade Show West for me this go round. Maybe I'll try for it next year, things are just a little too hectic right now and air travel is getting to be more and more of a drag, pretty soon we'll be boarding in just our skivvies(AFTER a full cavity search!!).

I know what you mean about flying these days besides all the hassels the airfare is a killer. Cost me double what it cost the year before to do Blade. I'm about an half hour away from Blade West.

Nice knife. I really like the damascus, haven't ever seen a pattern quite like that before.

Yep J.D., I did see the Pearce influence. I'm surprised Coop returned it after he shot it. :D

Yep J.D., I did see the Pearce influence. I'm surprised Coop returned it after he shot it. :D

It was already sold, so I guess he had to do the right thing.

Hi Guys,

I a tip of the hat to YOU, JD for posting and creating these.

Yup, those who have been around bladesmithing for a while will remember Hill Pearce and his period-styled knives. JD caught a good taste with this creation. It's still 100% JD Smith, though, and your filework will always be one of your great hallmarks. :notworthy:

Keep it up. This was very gratifying to shoot.

Coop