Japanese inspiration sword

arthurH

Hello !

Jacques: Surprised to see people from Forgefr ;)

Mike: some sneak peak pictures ? I tried to translate with google, but i didn't understand :(

Are you speaking about this kind of pictures:

zoom_photo_3.jpg

The knife is finished. I am going to post pictures but it is less "impressive" that a long blade because it is small ! :lol:

Bye

Mike: some sneak peak pictures ? I tried to translate with google, but i didn't understand :(

I explain to him:

Juste des photos. "sneak peek pictures" est un terme generique pour un docu photo, des "photos qui revelent" mot a mot. So yes he's speaking about this kind of pictures. :)

And it's not "from bloom". It's smelted steel from scraps (acier de grappage) or smelted steel from ore (acier de reduction). The bloom is what you obtain after the smelt (la loupe).

Incroyable! And he's not telling it all in English, modesty oblige, like he's only been at this for a year or so and it's his first smelt I believe, and maybe his second damas (I can't remember). :notworthy:

Thankfully he is now attending one of the best design school (Ecole Boulle) and even though they're not big on ironwork, there is certainly much schooling on design, craft techniques, histories of craft and so on. So this is before schooling and experience, I'm afraid to even imagine what it will become, surely a brilliant future. Well done Arthur!

t'étonnes pas, Michael est là aussi !

don't be surprise , Michael is there too ...and many others !!!!

see you in Gembloux ? :)

Hello Michael: thank you for the explanations, and now i can say grappage in english ;)

It's not really my first smelt, but my first big one. As the blade..

Yes, i am studying design in "Ecole boulle", which is a school where people go to learn wood work usually, but not only...

Jacques: see you in gembloux ? Maybe, but a little bit far from paris. I would like to come :rolleyes:

Bye

...darnit, I really need to not get on this sight right before I am planning on going to bed or before a school day. I now really want to go out the the shop and start work on somthing, only I am fairly certain niether my parents or my niegbors want to be awakened by by a grinder...This is unjustice in its harshes form...=) (I have been working on a set of blades of related design, I am going to have to send u pics and get your opinion on them when they are nearing completion.)