John Smith

I want to see your Hamon

Good lookin stuff Monty!!!

Here's a shot that I may have shown here a while back but thought it would add to this thread. W1 kitchen knife blades.

Wow Don. I am planning on making a few chef's knifes in the near future for Christmas presents. I would be way-happy with half the hamon your blades display. Great inspiration.

Don any time bro, I have learned allot form you and Walter as far as designs and hammons go

Hi :)

Wouah.. crazy hamon festival !!

All this works looks well, i'm juste received a piece of W1 (110Cr2) not easy to buy that in france... i have some nice example with W1 now (Thx Don ) , i let you know how it will with me..

Very thanks for the share & congrats for you greats works guys ;)

Walter, Great hamon man !!!

This ones a bit different and it's a folder. Steel is W1, I need to try W2 in one of these small forlder blades soon.

MY, GOD. I am loving the fich skeletons, and skulls damascus(?) on the handle of that folder Don, please post more pictures!

''MY, GOD. I am loving the fich skeletons, and skulls damascus(?) on the handle of that folder Don, please post more pictures!''

Here's a photo of a very similar dagger.

Thanks guys!!!

hansonbkdagger05.jpg

Some Great Hamons,,,, here is a Naginata i am trying to make i have just done the clay but if it works out i will post some pic's for you all ,,,,,,,,,, fingers crossed ;)

clayed_up__Ningata_001.jpg

clayed_up__Ningata_002.jpg

clayed_up__Ningata_003.jpg

sorry for the Quality

I realize there is a huge set of scratches down the blade; but I'm learning important lessons about fit and finish and one of those is TAPE up your blade among other things.

This Hamon was accomplished with refractory cement and fire scale mixed together and applied.

then I heated and air cooled 3 times and then I quneched.

Funny enough in the fourth heat the cement fell off the other side but left and even more interesting Hamon.

Any comments or feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

JJ

knives_003.jpg

Yeah ;)

This is my first knife in W1 steel, oil hardened & clay coating :)

Handle in wrapped paracord, almost 18 cm overall

i like W1 and his hamons :)

w1.jpg

Now this is more like it I am glad to see more post in here. These hammons are fantastic. Keep them coming.

Hamon eh? well lets see, let me peruse my photo inventory and pull something out.

This one is a saka choji close up from a wakazashi I made.

Here is the same style hamon (saka choji) on a katana I made.

4486.jpg

sakachojikat3.jpg

• Like 1

Rick I have been waiting for you to post in here as you have some of the most amazing hammons that myself and everyone else has ever seen. Your designs are subtle to the wild range. And your hammons like Walter and Don's speak volumes to us who are but merely learning.

Once again I am so very glad you posted in here.

And... another one maybe ??

XC130 water quench, 180 mm of cutting edge, more details in Show and Tell forum :P

mar_130.jpg

mar_130_1.jpg

Hi again well did a quik run over with the Hazuya stone just to try to see were this was going sorry for the lousy pic same blade as i posted earlier in clay lots of work to do yet

:blink:

Hamon_Ningata_009.jpg

Hamon_Ningata_008.jpg

a couple more pic's looking a bit better but i think sending it to a good polisher may be on the cards

to get the activity to show better the Hamon looks like flames to me ???

comments please :rolleyes:

Hamon_2__Ningata_009.jpg

Hamon_2__Ningata_003.jpg

Hamon_2__Ningata_007.jpg

still a fair way to go yet ((((amendment this blade has been sold in Aussie $400 aud )thanks everyone merry christmass to all and have a great time ,

the cops here have a saying , Dont leave your blood on the streets , take it home with you > dont drink and drive

Edited by tell

i've posted this in a heat-treat thread, but i'm pretty chuffed with it so i figured i'd show it here - water quenched 1095. still trying to figure out how to get the utsuri to show up.

a_utsuri3.jpg

thanks,

jake.

I am impressed with the overall designs, and the blades are sweet. Please keep them coming. This last set of blades were very attractive and it seems some are very in depth.