Sign in to follow this  
DFogg

Register with a Real Name

We just got spam attacked and I have had to spend an hour deleting posts and removing the bastard. Don't write and tell me please, I jumped on it as soon as I saw it.

I am going to insist on real names for all new members and will delete any new registration with a suspicious name. Sorry for the inconvenience, but life on the web means we have to suffer idiots.

Just an update. Every morning I got through and check the new member registrations. I get anywhere from a dozen to two dozen spammers each day. They have taken to using names or partial names so it is becoming more difficult for me to distinguish real people from the spammers.

If you have tried to register and can't send me a private email a let me know you want to register and I will process it by hand. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don

dfogg(nospam)@dfoggknives.com

remove the (nospam) when you type it in.

So now the bastards are using real names. I guess the only way we can do this is for you to send me a private email when you register. I am going to just dump all the ones that don't send me an email. I hate to have to do it this way, but I don't have the time for individually screening each one and if I miss just one we will be buried in spam on the forum.

If you want to register, go through the sign up and then send me a private introductory email. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this