Hello gentlemen,

A customer of mine recomended me this place, so I'd like to introduce myself :)

My name is Ariel Salaverria, and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I've been making knives since I was 12 years old in 1977. Since then, I alternate knifemaking with other activities, such as electromechanics, music instruments repairing and customization and enameling techniques.

I've also worked as a mechanic in diesel locomotives, electric facilities, in artistic bladesmithing shops.

I've been posting on knife related internet forums for about two years now (I believe) and I've found them to be an extremely powerful tool to gain and share knowledge with fellow knifemakers.

I usually post tutorials on how I make stuff, there are some links on my website (I should have it updated with more tutorials) and with pictures of my work.

I'm looking forward to learn from my fellow knifemakers and to be of any kind of assistance if you have questions to make about my work :)

These are some of my latest knives:

criollowood3_big.jpg

criollostag1_big.jpg

handledcable3_big.jpg

longintegral1_big.jpg

allmetal2_big.jpg

cablegene1_big.jpg

ward24w_big.jpg

awesomefighter1_big.jpg

Ariel Salaverria

Welcome to the forum Ariel,

I like your work and your website is a great source of inspiration and infos.

Seems that you can make damascus with about everything!

Welcome Ariel i am glad you found your way here. It's always nice to see what you will come up with next.

Bob

YOU ROCK!

Every time someone such as yourself posts such wonderfull work with a disire to share information to less accomplished smiths like me, it makes me very greatfull to Don and every one else who keeps this forum going! Ariel, great work and great website. It has been added to my favorites.

Larry

nice to read you here, Ariel !

and very nice knives to see !

I want to thank you here very much for all the very interesting tutorials I have found on your site !

with your help, I have learn to make mokume and find a good way to make nice fittings om my knives !

thanks a lot Sir ! :)

Welcome Ariel !

my friend found your website a week ago and he freaked out when he saw the ball bearing knife you made and the cable damascus with the handle made from manilla rope .... Those are very impressive ...

Having access to 52100 (one of my friend is a machinist in a electric motor repair shop) in almost any size and shape possible i will probably give it a try one day :)

I have a question that you might be able to answer me : Is the inner ring and outer race on a bearing also made from 52100 ?

Very impressive work i am riveted ...

thanks

Steven Sharpe

I have a question that you might be able to answer me : Is the inner ring and outer race on a bearing also made from 52100 ?

Yes they are :) I've cutted and flatened many of them and used in damascus myself.

Ariel

Very cool blades Ariel, I had seen the wirerope, rope handle blade over on the Knife network and thought it was very cool.

The other blades are great as well =]

I like the texturing on the sheath, might have to try that if I can find some metal to use.

As for the tutorials, I know I'd love to see them, I'm a sponge for knowledge =P

Keep up the work and post more!

I really like your direct, no-hold-barred approach, and the goforitudinous panache of your work. you got some damascus goin' on!

So you can spend more time working on knives, and less on posting photos, you might consider just posting links to your already-up tutorials as needed ;) The way you weld cable is cool, and gets some good results!