Black Linen Micarta

guarnera

My Motherinlaw gave me a kitchen knife to rehandle. Its an inexspensive S.S. knife that the handle broke off because the tang was onle about 2" long, and thats on a chefs knife. They have had it a long time and she said she really liked it and could I fix it. Well I extended the tang and made A really nice solid handle out of black linen micarta. I know they will throw it into the dish washer. Will it hold up? Thanks for any info.

I say you run some brass pins to hold it and use some guerilla glue ( water has no effect on it after it drys)

The again i am far from an expert.

Watch out, life will kill you if your not careful

Corby or loveless bolts would be a better choice. Depending on the flexibility of the blade thin knives flex and put a lot of pressure on their attachments. The bolts would not allow it to flex through the handle. Glue is your choice.

Corby or loveless bolts would be a better choice. Depending on the flexibility of the blade thin knives flex and put a lot of pressure on their attachments. The bolts would not allow it to flex through the handle. Glue is your choice.

I agree with mr miller on this even cuttlers rivets would work as well but not as good as the above statement and glue to keep the gunk out as i am sure there was lots in the old handle.

Bob