KMG industrial belt grinder: the real sizes

loneronin

So, I'm planning to build a perfect copy of the famous KMG industrial belt grinder (http://www.beaumontmetalworks.com/)

I really appreciated some topics and plans in this forum (thank you to derek and Mike) but I'm wandering if someone who owns an original, real KMG can give me the precise sizes of each needed piece of the thing:

Piece (pieces needed): Length x Width x Thickness

base (1 piece): L x W x T

front vertical support (1 piece): L x W x T

rear vertical support (1 piece): L x W x T

bearing support (2 pieces): L x W x T

main arm (1 piece): L x W x T

main arm box – top and bottom (2 pieces): L x W x T

main arm box – sides (2 pieces): L x W x T

tension arm (1 piece): L x W x T

tension arm support (1 piece): L x W x T

Thank you in advance to everybody.

Edited by loneronin

dont' tell me what I can't do

Rob at Beaumont is really nice and if asked may give you all the demensions.

I tryed this way and you're right, he is very kind, but he told me he can't give these kind of information and have no plan he can send me.

Hi LR,

I hope my quick rookie comments aren't off base, but I wouldn't worry too much about actual demensions, the important thing is how they're put together. Seems to me the parts just need to come together to keep all the wheels aligned. I'd use what I had on hand or could get easy.

I really appreciate and learn alot from the different tool building threads, but my digging around has me only saving $250.00 to 300.00 if I bought quality components and used mostly free scrap steel on my own build. Not counting time, which is hard to come by sometimes, I'm thinking that extra money for a real KMG buys a truckload of R&D, precision and tech support. I hope I'm not sounding like an A-1 knucklehead.

Take care, Craig

Craig,

I defintely agree with you. What really is important is that all the pieces match each other. I also have a quite clear plan in my mind but I'm a rookie as well and I would like to be sure the sizes of my idea are ok. If I'll get the original KMG dimensions I'll compare them to mine and change something if needed. In any event I will not change all my plan, buy all top quality material and so on. Unfortunately I'm not so rich! :)

Edited by loneronin

Click on the pinned topic at the top of this forum. There's a build on the closest thing to a KMG you're going to get unless you have access to one you can measure yourself.

Good Luck w/ your project.

Larry

Edited by L.A. Raynes